why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Thursday 13 February 2014

New York Fashion Week, Day 5


The Highlights.....

The snow blizzard arrived and this Stella McCartney jacket was all that kept me going, I braved the snow and walked to the first show!


Ralph Lauren starts the last day off


Ralph Lauren styles his looks with his simple white high top trainer and mixes pastel punk and cream tailoring



Grey seems to be a big colour during this weeks show and here styled with pink it's a great colour combo for winter


Every New York trip needs a stop at my favourite store Opening Ceremony!


Essential footwear


Second show of the day Calvin Klein went for a grunge look of knits and posh DM style boots


Make a stop at cool eaterie Dutch in Soho


The snow stops and my look for Marc Jacobs is tailored in navy and grey
Coat by Jil Sander
Under coat by Cedric Charlier
Shirt by Atea
Trousers by Acne
Trainers by New Balance




The best end to a great week, Marc Jacobs
We enter the cloudy world, does every cloud have a silver ling? Am sure they do in his!



Spongy seats and flowers for all


My favourite pieces had to be the giant sheepskin jackets





Trend spot...GREY.....the whole show was a neutral palette of sixties minimalism light and airy, dream like but the grey was stand out for me, start adapting your wardrobes!



The man himself Marc Jacobs



And it ends with a plate of cheese to finish a great week away snow and shows it's been fun now on to London for the next leg

No comments:

Post a Comment