why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Monday 9 September 2013

New York Fashion Week, Day 3

Today I have decided to mix up my fabrics and textures the silk against the sheepskin bag and patent quilted trainers all work really well together as long as the colour tones stay the same. This fashion week you can WIN the trainers and bag from UGG Australia just RT the blog or leave a comment below




TIP...play with shades of black by mixing up textures like sheepskin and patent as seen on these accessories and wear with a graphic style top to add more detail and play with neutral colour blocking
Top by maison martin margiela
Trousers by helmut lang
Shoes and bag by UGG Australia




More New York Fashion Week highlights....



The Logo is back

Phillip Lim sherbert coloured collection with strong simple silhouette shapes


Balthazaar pitstop (fashion week essential so much better than in London)


Tommy Hilfiger 'californication'

My favourite bag shape of the moment the rucksack is back

Goldie Hawn at Donna Karan

Views from Brooklyn

4 comments:

  1. Loving the play with textures of shades of black, NYFW looks great although I agree that
    you don't have to spend a lot of money to look good it's how you wear it.

    Great blogs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Phillip Lim collection!the boxy cuts are gorgeous. Like your styling of the ugg trainers with the baggy pants.
    fab blogging of nyfc x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even knew Uggs did trainers! I love my boots & now I NEED these too! Thanks for bringing them to my attention, I love the styling, great ideas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boots and bag are fab, the patent quilting makes them unique. Not so sure about the logos, 80s back again?!thanks for sharing your nyfw photos

    ReplyDelete