why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Monday 8 October 2012

Head to Toe Print.....

Across the a/w '12 shows its been all about head to toe print its an adventurous trend but am sure there is something for everyone!  This week you can win my shoes from the first outfit (size 7) so all you have to do it leave a comment or tweet me @nataliehartley how you would wear them and I will pick my favourite answer...closing date is this Saturday 13th October so good luck!







TIP...printed silks work really well together such a bold print like this is best matching to give the appearance of a jumpsuit add a coat and dress this up for night or wear with high tops for day
top and trousers by j crew
shoes by zara
bracelet by zoe and morgan
hat by madeline thompson





TIP...the printed trouser suit trend has been massively influenced by miu miu this winter emulating the 70's but you don't need to be so literal add a roll neck for comfort and a simple plain colour breaks up the print if its all too much for you and add a preppy brogue to dress the suit down for day
suit by asos
roll neck by uniqlo
shoes by pollini
hat by river island





TIP...the tracksuit goes chic!  This is a brave option but can look amazing with a great pair of statement sports inspired heels look for neon accents and strappy fastenings to enhance the idea but a good shoe is very important to carry off this look
jacket and trousers by matalan
shoes by jil sander

2 comments:

  1. wow, great print outfits and I really love the shoes you combined with them, too.
    http://www.africanprintinfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie! great work lovely...!! I love the printed trouser suit! Have a look at my 'trouser suit' video on my blog http://londonmodelcitizen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete